Registration - Process
Registration at Island Discovery is ongoing throughout the year. There are two options for those wanting to be part of our program:
- Part-time classroom program
- Full-Time learning at home
Go to Programs for more information on each of these options.
Families can live anywhere in B.C. and take part in our full-time homelearning option. Part-time classroom participation is only available in select locations.
We use our secure Google Apps for Education account in order to communicate with parents. Parents must be willing and able to use this system in order to participate in our program.
Please follow these steps in order to register:
- Initial Call: Call our founder and leader Allan Saugstad at 604-992-2370 to learn more about the program and how it works and to have all your questions answered. It is important to ensure you are a good fit for the program and that the program is a good fit for you.
- Come for a visit: If you are interested in one of our part-time classroom programs, talk with us about scheduling a visit for you and your child, including a possible 1-2 day trial.
- Fill out the registration form: Complete the registration form online and scan us the necessary supplemental documentation.
- Processing: Once your forms have been submitted, staff will process these and let you know if anything is missing. Once and only when your package is complete, you will be placed with a teacher and set up with an Island Discovery email and Google account.
- Contact: Your teacher will contact you about timelines and organizing your learning plan with you for the year.